Prof. WANG, Nai Huei Casey (王廼慧)
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Casey Wang is the co-founder of architectural and multidisciplinary design practice, BLEND, with degree of Master of Architecture in Urban Design at Harvard University Graduate School of Design (GSD).
Her interest and research are focused on architectural and urban design, urban infrastructure. Early practices are based in Shanghai during 2003-2005. From 2007-2009 she was at Foster and Partners London for projects: Yale School of Management in the US, Esentai complex in Kazakhstan. In late 2009, she returned to Asia, currently is based in Hong Kong and from
2009-2013 worked at OMA on several key projects including Taipei Performing Arts Center, Tencent Beijing Headquarters, Qianhai Port City masterplan. After that, she collaborated with Gensler, as management role from 2013-2015, was responsible for projects in Zhuhai and Guangzhou, China, as well as developments across Malaysia, Vietnam and Australia.
2010-2014, Casey Wang had been holding part-time position as an Assistant Professor for Master of Urban Design program at HKU Faculty of Architecture, lectured in various institutes in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan and Germany…etc. Currently, she is an active member of Hong Kong Institute of Urban Design.
Architectural Design and Practice, Urban Design, Urban Infrastructure
1. Hong Kong Barcelona Urban Exchange published on HKIA Journal (Issue 70),
2. Villages in the City: A Guide to South China’s Informal Settlements, University of Hawaii Press, ISBN-10: 0824847563
3. Factory Towns of South China: An Illustrated Guidebook, Hong Kong University Press, ISBN 9789888083695
1. 2015 Hong Kong Barcelona Urban Exchange,
2. 2014 Villages in the City: A Guide to South China’s Informal Settlements,
3. 2012 Factory Towns of South China: An Illustrated Guidebook,
4. 2011-2012 “Symphony of Blades”, Counterpart Cities, Hong Kong & Shenzhen Bi-City, Biennale of Urbanism Architecture
5. 2007 Constructing Vision: The Cognitive Construct And Legibility Of The Object: Detroit Music Experience Museum, Harvard University Graduate School of Design
6. 2006 Post-Socialist Transformation of Housing Development and Future Housing Planning Vision in Berlin and Shanghai, Harvard University Graduate School of Design
Council member of HKIUD
Professional Consultancy Work
BLEND Architecture Limited,
Gensler, Hong Kong,
OMA, Hong Kong,
Foster + Partners, London, UK,
J. Mayer H. Berlin, Germany