Architecture Explorer Programme 2020
Date & Time27.07.2020 31.07.2020
LocationLee Shau Kee Architecture Building, CUHK
July 27 – July 31, 2020 (Online Course)
Explore how to see, make and experience architecture.
This summer programme aims to enable secondary school students from Hong Kong and abroad to understand first-hand the joys and challenges of studying architecture. It provides an opportunity for enrolled students to unleash their creative potential through art, design and architecture.
During the programme, students will learn to see the significance of architecture through lectures offered by professors from the School of Architecture, and explore the fun of design making by transforming a concept into three-dimensional spaces, using both hand tools and computing software. Students will also experience architecture through guided field trips to significant buildings and professional architectural offices.
Over the course of the programme, enrolled students will be tutored to develop their individual design projects. Periodic “design reviews” are also scheduled for students to present their work and receive advice from faculty members and design professionals.
The combination of studio learning, workshops, lectures and field trips presents a unique introduction to different aspects of architectural practice today.
What will you explore?
- How a design is transformed from an initial concept into a built form for people to live, work and play in.
- How an architect translates a design from two-dimensional plans and sections into three-dimensional spaces.
- What hand tools are used to make such design transformations.
What do we offer?
- Online lectures, office tours, workshops and design studios
- Manual and digital drawing and model-making skills
- Virtual access to Design Studios, Digital Design Lab, Workshop and Architecture Library
- Guided tours of architectural offices
- Personal career counselling in architecture
- Secondary School Form 4, 5, and 6 Students
- No prior art and design experience required
16 June 2020
Registered students will receive full tuition waiver this year.
HK$ 1,000 (not refundable)