ACU Summer School 2018
Date & Time01.07.2018 09.07.2018
LocationCUHK and various locations in Hong Kong
Hosted by the School of Architecture and Department of Geography and Resource Management, ACU Summer School 2018 brings together more than 40 students representing 16 nationalities from the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) for a week of expert lectures, field trips, social events and group work on designing and creating sustainable communities.
Through workshops and local case studies of Sai Ying Pun, Blue House, Mapopo Community Farm and Tin Shui Wai, the Summer School introduces to participants basic sustainability planning and design techniques, aiming to train future leaders with abilities to diagnose urban issues from multiple perspectives and to work collaboratively towards creative and sustainable solutions.
- Prof. Mee Kam Ng – Professor, Department of Geography and Resource Management, and Director, BSSc in Urban Studies Programme, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Prof. Hendrik Tieben – Associate Professor and Director, MSc in Urban Design Programme, School of Architecture, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Other speakers of ACU Summer School 2018:
- Prof. Jenny Cameron – Associate Professor, Geography and Environmental Studies, The University of Newcastle
- Mr. Christopher Law, JP – Founding Director, Oval Partnership; Member of Development Committee, West Kowloon Cultural District
- Prof. Lawal Mohammed Marafa – Lecturer, Department of Geography and Resource Management, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Mr. Solam Mkhabela – Lecturer, School of Architecture and Planning, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
- Mr. Howard Tam – Founder and Principal, ThinkFresh Group
- Ms. Ada Wong, JP – Director, Hong Kong Institute of Contemporary Culture; Chair, Make A Difference Institute
Established in 1913, ACU is the world’s first international university network with more than 500 member universities from 40 countries. The ACU Summer School has been running annually since 2011 and is hosted by a different ACU member university every year.